Meomari announces its puffer jacket for dogs: The Cecchetti. Perfect for cold temperatures, the Cecchetti Puffer Jackets are designed meticulously to assure comfort and style for your pet.
Pet outer clothing is not just about making pets stylish; in fact, it is essential for their well-being in certain weather conditions.
Read on to learn more about the purpose of outer clothing for pets and whether your pet needs it.
Is Outer Clothing for Dogs Necessary in the Winter?
During the winter season dogs can find themselves in temperatures they do not naturally thrive. Some may think that simply because dogs have fur, they are built to withstand any cold temperature. This belief is valid for many northern and mountain breeds with a thick undercoat such as Siberian huskies, Samoyeds, Alaskan Malamutes, Icelandic Sheepdogs, and others. However, there are many breeds that need to be protected from cold temperatures and their fur is not always the perfect insulator. Exposure to very cold temperatures can be harmful to your pet and can cause health threats such as frostbite and hypothermia. Therefore, it is important to keep your dog safe and warm during the cold season.
How to Determine If Your Dog Needs Outer Clothing?
Just like humans, canines’ cold tolerance can vary from pet to pet based on their size, breed, fur/coat density, age, nutritional status, amount of body fat, activity level and health conditions. If your pet falls into one of the categories below, investing in an outer pet clothing will be beneficial to your pet’s health and comfort.
- Small, toy and miniature breeds: They cannot easily generate and retain enough body heat to keep themselves warm in cold temperatures.
(Breeds such as Chihuahuas, Pomeranians, Toy Poodles, Yorkshire Terriers)
- Short-haired breeds: Their short and coarse coat may provide some insulation but not enough to handle cold temperatures as they have no undercoat.
(Breeds such as Weimaraners, Staffordshire Terriers, Great Danes)
- Heat-loving breeds: Breeds that are native to hot countries will need outer clothing even in mildly cold weather.
(Breeds such as Havanese, Beagles, Schnauzers)
- Breeds in need of regular grooming: They usually have a long coat but regular grooming alters the natural protection of their coats so they will require extra insulation in cold temperatures.
(Breeds such as Poodles)
- Short-legged breeds: As they sit low on the ground with their bellies brushing against snow and ice; they need extra insulation in cold temperatures.
(Breeds such as Welsh Corgis, Basset Hounds, Dachshunds, French Bulldogs)
- Lean-bodied breeds: ‘Skinny’ breeds with short hair tend to have little body fat and as a result they feel the cold faster than other breeds.
(Breeds such as Greyhounds, Whippets, Salukis)
- Senior dogs: They are more sensitive to colder temperatures and require more insulation. Heat regulation declines with age and even a thick-coated dog can be uncomfortable in the cold.
- Sick or injured dogs: Dogs recovering from injuries or surgery, dogs with heart diseases, chronic health conditions, arthritis or a weakened immune system will benefit from the comfort of protective clothing.
Once you have decided to get outer clothing for your dog, you will need to consider materials, comfort, quality and of course design when making your choice. By taking these into account, your choice of outer clothing will make a significant difference in your pet’s well-being.
THE ULTIMATE WINTER GARMENT FOR YOUR DOG
When temperature drops during winter, the Cecchetti Puffer Jacket is the solution to your canine’s seasonal needs with its waterproof and comfortable design.
-The pet puffer jackets completely cover the back of your dog, and the lining ensures comfort, warmth and the extra insulation required.
-The waterproof fabric is easy to clean and easy to maintain. The design around the belly area ensures hygiene for male dogs.
-The collar is foldable, and the zippered harness slit at the back is quite convenient if you prefer a harness instead of a collar for your dog.
-The Cecchetti Puffer Jacket comes in 7 regular sizes alongside French bulldog sizes. Due to its design, it will fit your pet snugly without being tight.
All handcrafted in Italy with the highest quality of materials, the Cecchetti Puffer Jacket will be the best option for everyday winter strolls with your pet.
Purchase yours here and do not forget to tag Meomari with the hashtag #mymeomari.