CARE AND REPAIR
At Meomari we believe your products should last a lifetime while ageing gracefully. The quality and characteristics of the fabrics, leather and hardware used at Meomari, ensure the highest grade of durability, comfort and appearance. All products are stress tested and will stand the test of time.
Meomari uses the highest quality of cow leathers that are a by-product from the meat industry. Cow leather outlasts any leather’s longevity and even improves with age. It is by nature resilient and resists tearing, cracking and fading. With proper care, cow leather products last a lifetime.
Alternatives such as the highest standard of vegan leather are of lower quality. Vegan leather has a short lifespan, tends to discolour and deteriorate within a few years. Vegan leather is much less durable than cow leather and tends to be thinner, causing tears or scuffs over time, potentially causing dangerous situations when the fabric cannot ensure the required structural integrity.
To ensure your Meomari product ages gracefully while used on a daily basis, it is significant to follow the following care advice:
- Keep your leather product out of direct heat and sunlight for prolonged periods of time as this will cause the leather to dry out, crack or fade unevenly.
● If the leather product gets wet, wipe it off with a dry cloth.
● If the leather product gets dirty, wipe it off with a damp cloth.
● Prevent your canine swimming with the leather collar as water can damage the leather
● Do not leave the leather collar on wet canine to prevent stains and leather damage.
- If the leather product feels dry, it can be treated with leather conditioner (It is advised to test the leather conditioner on an invisible surface prior to treating it onto your product.)
● Never attempt to use chemical spot cleaners. For severe stains or damage, consult a leather repair specialist.
● When not in use, keep your product stored in a dry place. We advise storing it in the Meomari dust bag that came with your product.
● Keep in mind that leather is a natural product. This means that colour and texture can vary from product to product. Colours can change over time as it develops a patina. This means that every product is unique.
Meomari’s hardware is %100 brass and made of the highest quality of brass and coating available. Brass hardware is superior in both strength and durability compared to its alternatives. Meomari’s hardware is waterproof thus it will never rust. Due to its antibacterial properties, it is the safest and cleanest choice for you and your pet. With it’s warm elegant glow and almost golden colour, Meomari’s hardware guarantees elegance as well as structural integrity.
To ensure you take the best care of your Meomari hardware, follow the following care advice:
- Do not leave the hardware wet for long periods of time, use a clean cloth to dry it.
- If the hardware gets dirty, wipe it off with a damp cloth or hand-wash with soap and water, rinse well and dry it with a clean cloth afterwards.
- Do not use harsh chemical cleaners or cleaning products that contain alcohol, doing so may damage the coating.
- Avoid using wet wipes due to the possibility of them containing ingredients that may damage the coating of the hardware. If you mistakenly use wet wipes, do not allow it to air dry and clean it with a damp cloth immediately.
- When not in use, keep your product stored in a dry place. We advise storing it in the Meomari dust bag that came with your product.
Perfectly sized collars and appropriately matched leashes provide not only the best aesthetic appearance and comfort for your pet. It ensures the products stay in their intended shape. Whenever small sized collars and leashes are worn by pets bigger than the sizes are intended for, the products might not endure the pulling force and start to show signs of stress. To maintain the comfort, quality and beauty of the product, as well as prevent dangerous situations from occurring it is provided to follow the Meomari size chart.